To provide those who are new to a leadership or management position or aspiring to be in this position with an introduction to the skills required to manage and lead people effectively.
By the end of the course, attendees will:
- Know the difference between leadership and management and when to apply each function
- Understand the wide range of skills they will need possess to be an effective leader and manager
- Know a range of leadership approaches and the situations each should be used in
- Be able to get the team to a high performing standard in a shorter period as possible
- Have built a clear development plan to develop the skills learnt in the workshop further.
- What is leadership?
- The differences between Leadership and Management
- The key skills and characteristics of effective leaders and managers
- When to lead and when to manage
- Identifying a range of leadership approaches and when each should be used
- What can a leader do to get the best from the team
- How to develop yourself as a leader and develop the skills of others.
Many people are put into leadership positions because of their technical ability to do the job and not on their ability to lead. This course will provide an introduction to the skills required to lead and manage effectively, providing a sound footing to build on.
By developing leadership skills, delegates will be able to motivate the team to perform to a high standard, getting the balance right between quality and productivity. Having the right skills to lead means the leader can engage the group in the vision, build trust and competence and therefore, spend time further developing the skills of the team, and not constantly fire fighting to solve problems within the team.
Who should Attend
Those who are new to a leadership/management/supervisory position or those who are aspiring to be a manager or leader in the future,
Open Workshop – £249+VAT per person. 1 day workshop including lunch and a delegate workbook.
Delivered to your organisation – Contact us to talk about your requirements and for a no obligation quote.
What is Leadership?
- Defining what is meant by leadership
- The differences between leadership and management
- What are the skills required to be an effective leader and manager?
- Exploring why these skills are needed
A simple approach to leadership
- Using a simple leadership model to understand how it’s done
- Looking at a range of leadership approaches
Basic Leadership Skills
- Questioning and Listening
- Motivating and Inspiring
The Management Function
- When to use management instead of leadership
- How to do it effectively
- An opportunity to practice the skills
This is a one day training event that Revolution Learning and Development deliver on an open basis at locations across the UK. We can also deliver this event at or in close proximity to your organisation if this is required.
If you choose to have us deliver this specifically for your organisation, we can make this more bespoke to your needs.
The cost of our open courses includes the learning materials, refreshments during the day and lunch.
To book, click here or call us on 0845 8381729.
Or, to discuss your individual needs, email us through the ‘Contact Us’ page on our website or call us on the number above.
Terms and conditions are available on our website.